Friday, 15 July 2011

Study break banana cake

A few weeks back I was in full exam study mode, or should have been. Instead, I found myself doing housework, rearranging furniture, and even baking.  Fortunately my university friends all piled round and helped me eat a classic Edmonds banana cake - well, I needed to use up some ripe bananas.  The book said to ice it in either chocolate or lemon icing. Either? Why not both?! We just happened to have some chilli chocolate in the cupboard so I melted it up and 'artistically' drizzled it over the lemon.  Genius!  The cake was fabulous and an excellent excuse for a catch up. I think we even taught each other a few things as the conversation inevitably turned to all things geology. Better still, we all passed our exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment