Monday, 1 August 2011

Loving Liberty

I've always wanted to do a quilt with Liberty fabric but its very expensive to buy. Then, a few months ago I was lucky enough to be the winning bidder on an affordable UFO (UnFinished Object) quilt project on Trademe.  Whoo hoo!
Fluff turned her back on the initial fabric explosion
Snowed in and still coughing, last week was a perfect opportunity to sort through it all, so I've been steadily ironing two full bags of crumpled bits and pieces to see exactly what I bought.  What a treasure trove of fabric that turned out to be!

Zorro, you and your mouse are not helping!
Starting to stack up
Still a few more to sort through...

...and iron!
Each different Liberty design and colorway is now separated into its own little see-through bag and I am stoked!  There's so much fabric!  (Don't worry, the bags are just an interim measure whilst I figure out what I'm doing).

Zorro and Flash 'helping'
The pattern already started is a nice traditional pieced one, and very well sewn. I think it suits the fabrics so I'll definitely keep going and complete it.  


I'm so rapt, my stash is well and truly complete and I promise, I AM NOT BUYING ANYMORE FABRIC until I've finished my Grand Plan. But I'd also like to do a Jewel Box quilt and there's going to be plenty of leftover Liberty...

Mmmm, a Jewel Box quilt...it would look stunning in Liberty, don't you think?!

3 comments:

  1. Good buy! It will be fun to work with...Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting idea. Looks like you certainly got the good end of it with the amount of fabric you received. I wonder why someone would stop making it? Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great buy. Wish I would run across something like that. And I love your helpers!

    ReplyDelete