Sunday, 14 August 2011

When life gives you lemons, make quilt lemonade

Being sick for the last couple of months has put a bit of a crimp in my study plans for this semester. So, whilst I focus on getting better in preparation for Summer School in November, I am looking forward to a couple of months making lemonade by getting into my stash!  Whoo hoo!


I haven't forgotten about my Grand Plan (see earlier posts) but there's a need for a quilt for someone in the next couple of months and I'm thinking this lovely combo, Snow Flower by Dena for Free Spirit, would be just the ticket!



I love the freshness of it and the little birds are very cute. I'm thinking I'll split up the central panel, create some 12 inch blocks (like these squaredy-cat ones from modabakeshop) with the FQs and use the grey for some sashing in between. My favorite Amy Butler dot fabric is perfect for binding.


Not sure about backing yet, will see what else is in my stash. My new motto is "Make do, or do without" but, having said that, I am extremely lucky to have a pretty glorious stash to choose from.

I do have someone in mind as the recipient for this quilt but... my lips are sealed.

Oh, and its been and snowed quite a lot again (twice in one winter in Chch...rare!)  so I really have no excuse but to get the sewing machine out.
Flash prints in the snow...'cause he's the brave one

Flash napping after his latest adventure in the snow

No comments:

Post a Comment